The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series brings enterprise-class resiliency and innovative flexibility to mobile-first networks. This advanced Layer 3 modular switch provides scalable aggregation with HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed 802.11ac devices, Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) stacking technology, hitless failover, line rate 40GbE, robust QoS and security and requires no software licensing. The 5400R is easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central.
HPE Aruba 5406R 44GT PoE+ / 4SFP+ (No PSU) v3 zl2 - Switch - managed - 44 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 x 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit SFP+ - rack-mountable - PoE+
- Switch - 44 ports - managed
- 44 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 x 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit SFP+
Power Over Ethernet (PoE):
- Routing/switching capacity: 960 Gbps
- Throughput: up to 571.4 Mpps
- Switching fabric bandwidth: 1015 Gbps
- IPv4 routing table entries: 10000
- IPv6 routing table entries: 5000
- RIP-1, RIP-2, BGP, IGMP, VRRP, OSPFv2, PIM-SM, static IP routing, PIM-DM, IGMPv3, OSPFv3, static IPv6 routing, MLDv2, MLD
Remote Management Protocol:
- SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, TFTP, SMON, CLI, XRMON
- Secure Shell (SSH), RADIUS, TACACS+, Secure Shell v.2 (SSH2), Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Flow control, routing, DHCP support, BOOTP support, ARP support, trunking, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), IGMP snooping, DiffServ support, IPv6 support, half duplex mode, full duplex mode, SNTP support, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, tunneling, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), MLD snooping, Non-Stop Routing (NSR), bandwidth control, STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+), IPv4 support, DHCP relay, Port Security, fan tray, DHCP client, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Management Information Base (MIB), dynamic ARP protection, DHCP protection, dual firmware images, Class of Service (CoS), sFlow v5, GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP), Type of Service (ToS), MACsec support
- IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ad, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1AX
- 1 x Freescale P2020: 1.2 GHz
- 44 x 1000Base-T RJ-45
- 8 x Gigabit / 10Gbit LAN SFP+
- 6 (total) / 4 (free) x expansion slot
- 1 (total) / 0 (free) x SD Memory Card
Installed Modules Qty (Max):
- FCC Class A certified, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, EN 60950, EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-4-11, IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-3, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5, IEC 61000-4-6, IEC 61000-4-8, VCCI Class A ITE, IEC 60950, EN 61000-3-3, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, UL 60950, CSA 22.2 No. 60950
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - advance hardware replacement - lifetime - response time: next business day
- Technical support - phone consulting - 3 years
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- 15 - 95% (non-condensing)
Humidity Range Storage:
- 15 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Power and Innovation To Converge Your Mobile Campus
The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series is an industry-leading mobile campus access solution with HP Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed connectivity for next wave 802.11ac devices. It brings enterprise-class resiliency and true flexibility, security and scalability to converged campus networks.
Based on the 6th generation HP Networking ASIC, the 5400R zl2 Switch Series has a high-speed, high-capacity architecture with 2 Tbps crossbar switching fabric with low 2.1µ latency, unprecedented programmability, and leading edge SDN applications.
Flexible connectivity options with 6- or 12- slot compact chassis, support for line rate of 40 GbE, up to 96 line rate 10GbE ports (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T), 1GbE and up to 288 ports of PoE+ with internal power supplies.
SDN ready with OpenFlow 1.3 supporting future enhancements for your network.
License free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, OSPF, and robust QoS.
- Resiliency and High Availability at the Edge
The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series using the sixth generation HP Networking ASIC delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement. This hardware-based control of access and traffic allows protection, detection and response to network threats with no network performance degradation.
Nonstop switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
Redundant management and power systems enhance system availability and continuity of operations.
Hot-swappable modules and optional redundant power supply provides uninterrupted power and allows swapping of modules with no impact on the network availability.
Powerful virtualization with versatile HP AllianceOne service modules.
- Robust Security and Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS)
The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
The 5400R zl2 Switch Series supports flexible authentication options include 802.1X, MAC and Web delivering greater policy-driven application security. Industry standard MACSec provides link-level encryption security between two points using copper or fiber links (available on select modules only).
Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, manage end-to-end application priorities.
Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH for safe control change management access.
Defend the edge of your IPv6 network with DHCPv6 Protection and Dynamic IPv6 Lockdown.
- Single View of the Network and Industry-Leading Warranty
The HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 includes 3 years 24x7 phone support.
No Reviews are available at this time