The Broadcom NetXtreme II 5709 Gigabit Server Adapter is able to simultaneously perform accelerated networking and storage networking on standard Ethernet. The NetXtreme II is a family of Converged Network Interface Controllers (C-NICs) with superior design. These devices also support teaming and failover to improve network application performance and provide server redundancy.
Broadcom NetXtreme II 5709 - Network adapter - PCIe x4 - Gigabit Ethernet x 2 - for UCS C220 M3, C240 M3, C420 M3
- Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 100Base-TX, Ethernet 1000Base-T
Data Link Protocol:
- Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Network / Transport Protocol:
- TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI/NetBIOS, IP/IPX
- Auto-negotiation, load balancing, wake on LAN (WOL), IPv6 support, Jumbo Frames support
- IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.3p
Software / System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
- Cisco UCS C220 M3 Entry Smart Play, C220 M3 High-Density Rack Server Large Form Factor Hard Disk Drive, C220 M3 High-Density Rack-Mount Server Small Form Factor, C220 M3 Small Form Factor, C220 M3 Small Form Factor Business Edition, C220 M3 Value Smart Play, C240 M3 High-Density Rack Server (Large Form Factor Hard Disk Drive Model), C240 M3 High-Density Rack-Mount Server Small Form Factor, C240 M3 Performance Smart Play, C240 M3 Value Smart Play, C420 M3 High-Performance Rack Server
- Performance and reliability
Broadcom validates its network interface cards over a variety of operating systems and platforms ensuring compatibility and interoperability. This Gigabit Ethernet adapter card takes full advantage of the PCI Express bus architecture to maximize network throughput. Teaming enables Smart Load Balancing to help increase throughput and fault tolerance when multiple adapters are configured to work together as a team to share traffic and provide data reliability with failover.
- Advanced technology
The NetXtreme II 5709 Adapter features TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE) technology for Windows which reduces the server CPU utilization and improves application performance. TOE offloads the TCP protocol processing from the server CPU onto the server adapter. This preserves valuable CPU cycles for applications processing and improves overall server performance and network efficiency. Receive Side Scaling (RSS) also enables packet receive processing to scale with the number of available processors.
- Managing with confidence
The NetXtreme II 5709 Adapter helps preserve your existing networking environment: operating systems, network administration tools, core cabling, personnel training, etc., while improving server efficiency and networking application performance. The Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3 (BACS3) provides an unprecedented level of governance across your entire network, enabling detailed tests, analyzes, and diagnostics to be performed for each network adapter installed in your system.
No Reviews are available at this time