The Meraki Z1 is an enterprise class firewall/VPN gateway with Wi-Fi and four 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports that extends the power of Meraki cloud managed networks to telecommuting employees. Utilizing Meraki Auto VPN, administrators can increase security and productivity by deploying network services including VoIP, virtual desktops and Layer 7 traffic shaping through time-saving Zero Touch configuration. The Z1 features a fully-fledged stateful firewall, support for multiple VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, and isolation to segregate corporate data from recreational traffic. In addition, the Z1 is packed with advanced 802.11n technologies including MIMO, beam forming, and channel bonding to provide reliable and high speed network access for most demanding business applications.
Cisco Meraki Z1 Cloud Managed Teleworker Gateway - Wireless router - 4-port switch - GigE - 802.11a/b/g/n - Dual Band - wall-mountable
- Wireless router - 4-port switch (integrated)
Data Link Protocol:
- Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Firewall throughput: 50 Mbps
- VPN throughput: 10 Mbps
Network / Transport Protocol:
Remote Management Protocol:
- Radio Service Set ID (SSID)
- DMZ port, DHCP support, NAT support, VPN support, VLAN support, Syslog support, manageable, E-mail alert, firmware upgradable, event log, Multiple SSID support, 2T2R MIMO technology, Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall (SPIF), 3G/4G USB Dongle Support, static routing
- IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, C-Tick, CB, IC, FCC, RoHS, CISPR
- LAN: 4 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- WAN: 1 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- USB 2.0: 1 x 4 pin USB Type A
- External power adapter - 18 Watt
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - replacement - lifetime - response time: next day
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- Self-configuring, self-optimizing, self-healing
When plugged in, the Z1 automatically connects to the Meraki cloud, downloads its configuration, and joins your network. In case of WAN IP address changes, the Z1 self heals by re-establishing the site-tosite VPN tunnels using the new IP address.
- Industry-leading cloud management
Meraki's award-winning cloud management architecture unifies WAN, LAN, and wireless management under a web based dashboard, and scales easily from small deployments to large, multi-site deployments with tens of thousands of devices. The Meraki dashboard provides intuitive yet powerful role-based administration, firmware updates, configuration changes, email alerts, and easy to audit change logs.
- Auto VPN
Leveraging Meraki's cloud architecture, VPN tunnels to HQ or the data center can be enabled via a single click without any commanding configurations or multi-step key permission setups. Meraki's patent-pending Auto VPN technology automatically tunnels, hole punches, sets up route tables, and establishes the IPsec connections, completely eliminating the complexity seen in traditional site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Dual 802.11n radios, up to 600 Mbps data rate
The Z1 features two powerful radios and advanced RF design. Combined with 802.11n technologies including 2 x 2 MIMO-enhanced receive sensitivity and transmit beam forming, the Z1 delivers up to 600 Mbps data rate. The Z1 is purpose-built for accessing rich, cloud based business applications while providing plenty of bandwidth for recreational traffic.
- Application-aware traffic shaping
The Z1 includes an integrated layer 7 packet inspection, classification, and control engine, enabling you to set QoS policies based on traffic type. Prioritize your mission critical applications like VoIP or remote desktop, while setting limits on recreational traffic, for example, peer-to-peer and video streaming.
No Reviews are available at this time