Changing storage needs for server customers now requires greater levels of performance and functionality at a lower cost of ownership. The next generation HPE MSA 2040 Storage arrays raises the bar & uniquely addresses HPE ProLiant customers' shared storage and data protection needs, reduces TCO while dramatically increasing performance using technologies such as Solid State Drives, Snap and Volume copy, Replication and SEDs. The MSA 2040 Storage arrays are positioned to provide an excellent value for customers needing increasing performance to support initiatives such as consolidation and virtualization. The MSA 2040 delivers this performance by leveraging new controller architecture with a new processor, four ports with 4GB cache per controller & using drive technologies such as SSDs. The MSA 2040 Storage ships standard with 64 Snapshots and Volume Copy enabled for increased data protection and allow replication with optional Remote Snap software between arrays (FC or iSCSI only).
HPE Modular Smart Array 2040 SAN Dual Controller LFF Storage - Hard drive array - 12 bays (SAS-2) - 8Gb Fibre Channel, 16Gb Fibre Channel (external) - rack-mountable - 2U - Smart Buy (Voltage: AC 120/230 V - 50/60 Hz)
Installed Devices / Modules Qty:
Supported Devices / Modules Qty:
HDD Array External Interface:
- 8Gb Fibre Channel, 16Gb Fibre Channel
Cache / Buffer Size (Max):
- RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50
- 12 (total) / 12 (free) - 3.5" LFF
- 2 x SAS 6Gb/s - 26 pin 4x Shielded Mini MultiLane SAS (SFF-8088)
- 2 x management
- 2 x management - RJ-45
- 8 x 8Gb Fibre Channel / 16Gb Fibre Channel - SFP+
- HP-UX, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition, VMware ESX, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (32/64-bits)
- CISPR 22 Class A, BSMI CNS 13438 Class A, CISPR 24, EN 61000-3-2, GS, EN 61000-3-3, EN55022 Class A, CCC, ICES-003 Class A, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, WEEE, RoHS, FCC Part 15 A, EN55024 Class A, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03, VCCI Class A
Manufacturer Selling Program:
- 2 x internal power supply - hot-plug
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
- Simple: Flexible Architecture
Choice of 8Gb/16Gb FC, 1Gb/10GbE iSCSI and 12Gb SAS to match the configuration needs of infrastructure. Deploy single or dual controllers depending on high-availability and budgetary requirements. Select disk enclosures with Large or Small Form Factor drives –choice of High-performance Solid State Drives, Enterprise-class SAS or SAS Midline drives or Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) based on application, performance and budget needs. The integrated setup and management tools for MSA are easy to manage for HP ProLiant/BladeSystems IT managers.
- Fast: The MSA 2040 Sets New Standards for $/IOPS in Entry SAN, 3x to 4x Today's Competition
New high-performance Converged SAN controller and SAS controller offer 4x the performance of today's other entry-level SAN arrays. 4-port Converged SAN controller supporting Fibre Channel and iSCSI and a SAS Controller with 4GB Cache translating into better application response time and ability to support more virtualized environments. SSD support with integrated "wear gauge" helps improves application performance and allows customers to reduce their operating costs by reducing foot prints and power consumptions. Self-Encrypting Drives (SEDs) designed to safeguard critical personal and business information and to comply with regulatory mandates.
- Futureproof: 2x the Bandwidth and the First Entry SAN with 16Gb FC
Choice of 8Gb/16Gb FC, 1Gb/10GbE iSCSI and 12Gb SAS to match the configuration needs of infrastructure. The 4th generation of MSA's unique Data-in-Place upgrades provides investment protection. Host ports upgradeable by SFPS (8Gb/16Gb FC) or (1GB/10GBE iSCSI) allows customers to manage their total cost of ownership lower.
No Reviews are available at this time