The growth in device usage and the explosion of data traffic from resource-intensive content like streaming video and high-bandwidth, over-the-top applications is forcing fixed-line and mobile service providers to push their networks to the limit. The challenge is to find ways to efficiently deliver customized services with best-in-class customer experience, while also optimizing network utilization and managing radio access network congestion. F5 BIG-IP Policy Enforcement Manager (PEM) delivers the insight you need to understand subscriber behavior and effectively manage network traffic with a wide range of policy enforcement capabilities. BIG-IP PEM provides intelligent Layer 4-7 traffic steering, network intelligence, and dynamic control of network resources through subscriber- and context-aware solutions. It also provides deep reporting, which you can capitalize on to build tailored services and packages based on subscribers' app usage and traffic classification and patterns to increase ARPU.
F5 VIPRION Policy Enforcement Manager B2150 - Load balancing device - 8 ports - 10 GigE - plug-in module
Processor / Memory / Storage
Data Link Protocol:
- Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Layer 7 throughput: 1000000 requests per second
- Layer 4 throughput: 400000 connections per second
- Layer 7 throughput: 18 Gbps
- Layer 4 throughput: 40 Gbps
- Hardware compression: 400 Mbps
- SSL bulk throughput: 9 Gbps
- SSL encryption performance: 4000 transactions per second
- SYN/DDoS protection: 40000000 cookies per second
- Network monitoring, TCP Express, DDos attack prevention, F5 iRules, bandwidth control, F5 iControl
- 1 x 1000Base-T (management) - RJ-45
- 8 x 1Gb Ethernet/10Gb Ethernet - SFP+
- 2 x USB 2.0 - Type A
- 1 x serial - RJ-45
- 1 x console - RJ-45
- 2 x 10Gb Ethernet SR SFP+ transceiver
Software / System Requirements
- Enable new business models and services
Base your business models and services on insights gathered through comprehensive analytics and subscriber awareness capabilities, for better quality of experience and higher ARPU and profitability.
- Optimize network performance
Reduce network congestion and deliver better performance to your subscribers with Layer 7 intelligent traffic steering capabilities and the ability to implement bandwidth control policies.
- Consolidate services and reduce costs
Combine core elements in your network infrastructure - including policy enforcement, intelligent traffic steering, carrier-grade NAT, and network firewall - as well as integrated VAS capabilities, such as URL filtering and TCP optimization, within an easy-to-manage unified platform. Lower CapEx and OpEx, and gain energy efficiency for a greener environment.
- Achieve carrier-grade performance and scalability
Manage traffic with fewer servers - and without sacrificing performance. Take advantage of best-in-class performance and scalability for total concurrent sessions, traffic throughput, and transactions per second with BIG-IP PEM, a NEBS-compliant platform.
- Roll out new services faster
Simplify your network and gain greater visibility into subscriber usage patterns to create customized services and get them to market quickly - and boost subscriber satisfaction and loyalty.
No Reviews are available at this time