Inside the compact RX100 IV is the world's first 1-inch stacked back-side illuminated Exmor RS CMOS sensor at 20.2MP - a remarkable advance in image shooting possibilities. Use it to reveal the wonders of up to 40x super slow motion, super-high-speed 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter, and handy 4K clips. Now Explore super-speed imaging beyond human vision.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV - Digital camera - compact - 20.1 MP - 4K - 2.9x optical zoom - Carl Zeiss - Wi-Fi, NFC - black
- Digital camera - 4K - compact
Effective Sensor Resolution:
- Optical (Steady Shot with Intelligent Active Mode)
Built-in Optical Image Stabilizer:
- Dolby Digital AC-3 (2 channel) recording
- Exif Print support, PRINT Image Matching
- Flex Focus Point, Face-priority AF, Subject-tracking AF, Eye detection AF
- Face Recognition, face-priority AF function, Smile Shutter
- HDMI, USB 2.0, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, NFC (Near Field Communication)
- Remote control via mobile devices
- ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 125, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 160, ISO 320, ISO 640, ISO 80, ISO 500, ISO 250, ISO 1600, ISO 6400, ISO 3200, ISO 1000, ISO 1250, ISO 2000, ISO 2500, ISO 4000, ISO 5000, ISO 12800, ISO 25600, ISO 10000, ISO 8000, ISO auto (125-12800)
- Multi-segment, center-weighted, spot
- Program, automatic, manual, aperture-priority, shutter-priority
- Landscape, portrait mode, macro, night portrait, pet, fireworks, night scene, sports mode, sunset, high sensitivity, handheld twilight, gourmet, anti-motion blur
- Black & White, Sepia, Neutral, Vivid, Sunset, Soft Focus, Illustration, Landscape, Portrait, Water Color, Miniature, Clear, Deep, Light, Autumn Leaves, Retro, partial color, Toy camera, Posterization, High contrast monochrome, Pop Color, HDR Painting, Rich-tone monochrome, Soft High-key, Night Scene
- Custom, automatic, presets
White Balance Presets:
- Incandescent, cloudy, flash, daylight, shade, fluorescent light (cool white), fluorescent light (daylight), fluorescent light (warm white), fluorescent light (daylight white)
- ±3 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
White Balance Bracketing:
- Carl Zeiss zoom lens - 2.9x zoom - 8.8 - 25.7 mm - f/1.8-2.8 Vario-Sonnar T*
Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera:
- Built-in lens shield, aspherical lens, AA (advanced aspherical) lens, T* coating, Direct Manual Focus (DMF)
- Fill-in mode, rear curtain sync, slow synchro, auto mode, flash OFF mode
- AF illuminator, flash +/- compensation, flash exposure bracketing
Effective Flash Range:
- 1.3 ft - 33 ft: ISO auto (wide lens)
- 1.3 ft - 21 ft: ISO auto (tele lens)
- 67 ft: ISO 12800 (wide lens)
- 43 ft: ISO 12800 (tele lens)
Continuous Shooting Speed:
- 5 frames per second, 16 frames per second
- Built-in speaker, sharpness control, saturation control, Sweep Panorama technology, contrast control, Dynamic Range Optimizer, 24p Cinema Mode, Multi-Frame Noise Reduction, Intelligent AUTO (iAUTO), Eye-Fi Card Ready, High ISO NR, Superior Auto mode, Clear Image Zoom, PlayMemories Camera Apps support, BRAVIA Sync function, PhotoTV HD
Viewfinder Color Support:
Viewfinder Diagonal Size:
Optical Viewfinder Field Coverage:
Optical Viewfinder Magnification:
Optical Viewfinder Dioptric Correction Range:
- Viewfinder brightness control
- Display brightness control, TRILUMINOS Color technology
Microphone Operation Mode:
- USB 2.0
- HDMI output (19 pin micro HDMI Type D)
- AC power adapter, wrist strap, micro-USB cable, shoulder strap adapter
- Sony NP-BX1 lithium ion - manufacturer-specific
- 1 x Sony NP-BX1 Li-ion rechargeable battery (included)
Battery Life Details:
- Photo shooting - 280 shots (LCD Monitor on)
- Photo shooting - 230 shots (EVF on)
Memory Card Slot:
- Memory Stick PRO Duo card, SD card
Supported Memory Cards:
- Memory Stick Duo, SD Memory Card, Memory Stick PRO Duo, SDXC Memory Card, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX, SDHC Memory Card, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, SDHC UHS-I Memory Card, SDXC UHS-I Memory Card, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo
- 5472 x 3648
- 3888 x 2592
- 2736 x 1824
- 4864 x 3648
- 3648 x 2736
- 2592 x 1944
- 640 x 480
- 5472 x 3080
- 3648 x 2056
- 2720 x 1528
- 3648 x 3648
- 2544 x 2544
- 1920 x 1920
- AVCHD - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps
- AVCHD - 1920 x 1080 - 50 fps
- XAVC S - 3840 x 2160 - 30 fps
- XAVC S - 3840 x 2160 - 25 fps
- XAVC S - 3840 x 2160 - 24 fps
- XAVC S HD - 1920 x 1080 - 120 fps
- XAVC S HD - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps
- XAVC S HD - 1920 x 1080 - 100 fps
- XAVC S HD - 1920 x 1080 - 50 fps
- H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps
- H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 30 fps
- H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 50 fps
- H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 25 fps
- H.264 - 1280 x 720 - 30 fps
- H.264 - 1280 x 720 - 25 fps
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - parts and labor - 1 year
- World's first 20.1 MP 1 Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor"
Introducing the world's first 1" (1.0-type) stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and a blazingly fast shutter speed of up to 1/32000. This new Exmor RS sensor not only enhances efficiency and speed of A/D conversion through its stacked structure with more circuit sections; it also realizes over five times faster readout speed of the previous RX100 III - thanks to a DRAM chip integrated into the sensor structure. This processing speed allows for stunning 20.1-megapixels at up to 16fps continuous shooting, breathtaking 4k movie and super slow-motion HFR (High Frame Rate) recording of up to 960fps (40x) movie clips – not to mention remarkable low-light low-noise capability.
- High resolution Clip-4K movie with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
The compact - pocket-size RX100 IV features Clip 4K: short video of up to 5 minute 4K movie recording directly to SD memory card* - ideal for everyday casual use. High quality 4k is achieved by the 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moire and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Moreover, the XAVC S format is incorporated to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional quality video.
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
See the unseen with superspeed HFR (High Frame Rate). The RX100 IV can capture super slow motion HFR movie at up to 40x slower than real time. You can chose from 960fps, 480fps or 240fps to playback in XAVC S at 1920 x 1080, in either 60p, 30p or 24p. Choose between "quality priority" (2 sec.) and "shoot time priority" (4 sec.). There's also an option to set "start trigger" or "end trigger" which will start capturing movie before or after you press the movie rec. button so you can time those split-second moments perfectly.
- Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec
Thanks to dramatically accelerated sensor readout, shutter speeds of up to 1/32000 sec. minimize distortion caused by rolling shutter phenomenon. This new blazing-fast - Anti-Distortion Shutter system - can capture shots of swiftly moving subjects without altering their shape as conventional CMOS sensors tend to do. Additionally, the super high speed shutter gives you freedom to shoot photos with defocused backgrounds by using large aperture settings under very bright lighting conditions. This is achieved by a combination of 1/32000 super high speed shutter and built-in ND filter that allows photos to be shot in extremely bright light at a maximum of EV19 with a fully open F-number aperture setting.
- Bright F1.8- F2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens (24-70mm)
The RX100 IV features a large aperture F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 24-70mm zoom (35mm equivalent). The lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds (bokeh). Two aspherical lens elements are incorporated into the design to improve sharpness while the premium multi-layered T* coating also dramatically reduces ghost and flare caused by light reflection.
- Fast Intelligent AF thanks to the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor
With Fast Intelligent AF, the RX100 IV can capture those decisive moments and fleeting opportunities much faster than previous models. It incorporates an autofocusing system that enables high-speed, high-precision contrast detection, thanks to Sony's proprietary algorithm and the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor.
- Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer electronic viewfinder w/ZEISS T* coating
View every scene in rich detail with the bright and retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer electronic viewfinder (EVF) with high resolution equivalent to approx. 2,359k-dots. The viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately frame your image, focus and monitor the results. The ZEISS T* coating enhances clarity and reduces flare and reflection in the eyepiece optics.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC - control, shoot and share
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App. From there you can control your camera, preview and frame using your mobile device and trigger the camera shutter or movie button. Then instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your device. NFC (Near Field Communication) provides "one-touch connection" convenience to Android smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect. Setting up your mobile device is as simple as downloading a free PlayMemories Mobile app (www.sony.net/pmm/).
- Personalize your camera with PlayMemories Camera Apps
Add new features to your RX100 IV with PlayMemories Camera Apps. Find apps to fit your shooting style - with everything from time lapse to motion shot and more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos to your smartphone using Wi-Fi, making it easy to post photos directly to your favorite social media site or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
- Selfie-ready multi-angle 3 Xtra Fine LCD studying
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3" (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. This also makes it easy to photograph over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up approx. 180° and down approx. 45°. Easily scroll through menus and preview life thanks to WhiteMagic technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
- Dual record of 17MP photos while shooting movie w/ auto settings
The new Exmor RS sensor's heightened processing speed enables the RX100 IV to capture high-precision still images up to 17MP without pixel binning while recording a movie. You have the option of pressing the shutter release button during movie review, or using the smart Auto Dual Rec function for taking stills automatically while shooting a movie. This function utilizes Sony's advanced Face Detection technology and 11 composition patterns to capture still images. Furthermore, you can choose from 'High', 'Standard' or 'Low' frequency, according to your preferences.
- Enhanced pro-video functions and NTCS/ PAL switchable
The RX100 IV includes professional movie functions such as; Picture Profile, S-Log2/S-Gamut, TC/UB (time code / user bit), Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, marker display function, etc. that have typically been available only in professional-use camcorders. You also have the choice of region setting between NTSC and PAL movie frame rates.
- Built-in ND filter for wider-ranging photographic expression
Realize a wider range of photographic expression with built-in 1/8 (3 EV stops) ND filter that allows the use of wider aperture for defocused backgrounds even in bright daylight.
- HDMI clear output for uncompressed video recordings*
Clean, uncompressed digital movie signal output can be transferred to an external monitor/recorder connected to the RX100 IV via the HDMI terminal. The RX100 IV can record video simultaneously to internal media and uncompressed video to the external recorder in real time.
- Comfortable control ring for manual operation
A unique control ring around the lens works in combination with an intuitive, display interface for meticulous SLR-type control over settings that satisfies even the most fastidious users. The control ring can be assigned to adjust various features (at various values) from basics like zooming and aperture to creative functions like Picture Effect. Moreover, it turns smoothly and seamlessly, allowing quiet, click-free usage while shooting movies including a new step-zoom function that enables instant selection of commonly used focal lengths.
No Reviews are available at this time