The Juniper Networks Cloud CPE solution allows users to create and deliver network services with agility at scale, enabling service providers to deliver innovative services from the data center or at the customer edge. While traditional customer premises equipment (CPE) devices have served the market well for years, they do not provide the flexibility and the scalability required for this agile deployment model. As a result, service providers typically employ diverse proprietary and closed platforms that inhibit innovation and complicate configuration, provisioning, and management. Juniper Networks NFX250 Network Services Platform eliminates the challenges associated with deploying, managing, maintaining, and evolving CPE. Leveraging Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and built on the Juniper Cloud CPE solution, the NFX250 allows service providers to deploy and service chain multiple, secure, high-performance virtual network functions (VNFs) in a single device. This automated, software-driven solution dynamically provisions services on demand, resulting in a near instantaneous service delivery experience. Subsequent service updates and policy changes can be dynamically inserted into the existing device, resulting in operational efficiency for service providers and enterprise customers alike by limiting or even eliminating service interruptions and business disruption.
Juniper Networks NFX250 Network Services Platform - Application accelerator - 1U - rack-mountable (Voltage: AC 120/230 V)
Processor / Memory / Storage
- 1 x Intel Six-Core Xeon D
Network / Transport Protocol:
- OSPF, RIP-1, RIP-2, IGMPv2, IGMP, VRRP, OSPFv2, PIM-SM, PIM-DM, IGMPv3, PIM-SSM, static IPv4 routing, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), CIDR
Remote Management Protocol:
- SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, SSH, CLI
- Forwarding performance: 88 Gbps
- VNF capacity: 20 Gbps
- Maximum number of VNFs: 6
- MAC addresses: 16000
- Jumbo frame size: 9216
- Virtual interfaces (VLANs): 4096
- Active VLANs: 1024
- MST instances: 64
- ARP entries: 512
- IPv4 routes (Unicast): 512
- ACL entries: 1500
- LAG groups: 32
- Maximum member ports per LAG: 8
- IGMP snooping entries: 1000
- Layer 3 switching, layer 2 switching, BOOTP support, RARP support, ARP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, High Availability, SNTP support, sFlow, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, VLAN Stacking, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), IP Precedence, DHCP server, Virtual Route Forwarding-Lite (VRF-Lite), DHCP proxy, Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), temperature sensor, front to back airflow, Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+), IPv4 support, DHCP relay, DHCP client, Management Information Base (MIB), Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR), Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP), NTP time synchronization, Class of Service (CoS), Strict Priority (SP), tagged VLAN, DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support, Smoothed Deficit Weighted Round Robin (SDWRR), system log, IP source guard, Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), ICMP Router Discovery Protocol (IRDP), Secure Copy (SCP), Management Information Base (MIB) II, Source-Specific Multicast (SSM)
- RADIUS, TACACS+, Secure Shell v.2 (SSH2), Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1ag, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.1ak
- 8 x 1000Base-T - RJ-45
- 2 x 1000Base-T - RJ-45 (WAN / LAN)
- 2 x 1000Base-X - SFP (mini-GBIC) (WAN)
- 2 x 10Gb Ethernet - SFP+ (WAN)
- 1 x 1000Base-T (management) - RJ-45
- 1 x console - RJ-45
- 1 x mini-USB
- 1 x USB 2.0 - Type A
- TUV GS, CISPR 22 Class A, cUL, EN55024, CB, ICES-003 Class A, UL 60950-1 Second Edition, WEEE, RoHS, REACH, EN 60825-1, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition, VCCI Class A, EN 300386, EN 55022 Class A, FCC CFR47 Part 15 A, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1 Second Edition
Software / System Requirements
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- Contrail service orchestration
Juniper Networks Contrail Service Orchestration is a comprehensive management and orchestration solution that delivers VNFs to the NFX250. A simple GUI customer portal gives enterprise customers the flexibility to select and build customized services from a catalog. Contrail Service Orchestration automates service activation and provisions newly requested services instantaneously under an open NFV environment.
- Network service activator
The Network Service Activator application intelligently automates service life cycle management on the NFX250 across managed VPN networks, in-region secured Internet connections, and out-of-region IPsec connections. Automation eliminates complex manual intervention, replacing truck rolls with a simple mouse roll for service providers to improve overall operational efficiency and service agility.
- Virtual network functions
The NFX250 is capable of hosting and chaining multiple network functions on a single platform. The NFX platform supports multiple VNFs, including the Juniper Networks vSRX virtual firewall, the industry’s most efficient and full-functioned virtualized security appliance.
- Open framework
The NFX250 is based on an open framework that gives service providers the same service consistency and operational model found in the telco cloud. The open framework supports industry standards, protocols, and seamless API integration.
- Flexible deployments
The NFX250 supports a variety of flexible deployments. A distributed services deployment model ensures high availability, performance, and compliance. The Cloud CPE solution is also extensible to an overlay model; these flexible deployment models help service providers satisfy ever-growing business requirements for both multinational enterprise and small to midsize business customers.
No Reviews are available at this time