Stuck in network traffic at 10Gbps? Time to take the Express Lane with HPE 25GbE Adapters. With the rise in volume of mobile data and video and the frequency in which it's accessed, legacy technologies are struggling to handle the increased throughput and lack the capabilities to cost-effectively scale. Current approaches to managing the increasing data center traffic require higher bandwidth and are cost prohibitive, keeping organizations from easily growing as their needs grow. The HPE Ethernet 25Gb 2-port 640 FLR-SFP28 Adapter is a FlexibleLOM form factor for select HPE ProLiant Gen9 Server DL family of rack and HPE Apollo Servers that delivers high-performance solutions to Telco, services providers, financial institutions and enterprises to meet higher bandwidth demand.
HPE 640FLR-SFP28 - Network adapter - FlexibleLOM - 25 Gigabit Ethernet x 2 - for ProLiant DL180 Gen10, DL360 Gen10, DL380 Gen10, DL580 Gen9; SimpliVity 325 Gen10
PCI Specification Revision:
Data Link Protocol:
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 25 Gigabit Ethernet
- Bidirectional throughput: 100 Gbps
- Bandwidth per port: 50 Gbps
- Jumbo frame size: up to 9.2 KB
Remote Management Protocol:
- VLAN support, IPv6 support, full duplex mode, TCP/IP offloading, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support, IPv4 support, PXE support, LACP support, LLDP support, Large Send Offload (LSO), Receive Side Scaling (RSS), UEFI support, TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO), QoS tagging, Extended Message-Signaled Interrupts (MSI-X), UDP/IP offloading, TCP/IP checksum offload, RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE), RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) v2
- IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1Qbb, IEEE 802.1Qaz, IEEE 802.1Qau, IEEE 802.1Qbg, IEEE 1588v2
- 1 x Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx - Mellanox Technologies
- 2 x 25Gb Ethernet - SFP28
- FCC Class A certified, CISPR 22 Class A, ICES-003, EN55024, WHQL, EN 60950-1, RoHS, ACA, cTUVus, BSMI Class A, VCCI Class A, EN 55022 Class A
Power Consumption Operational:
Software / System Requirements
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Oracle Solaris 11.1, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, VMware ESXi 5.5, Ubuntu 14.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1, Citrix XenServer 6.5, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2, VMware ESXi 6.0
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - 1 year
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- HPE Apollo 4200 Gen9, 4520 Gen9, 4530 Gen9
- HPE ProLiant DL120 Gen9, DL120 Gen9 Entry, DL160 Gen9, DL160 Gen9 Base, DL160 Gen9 Entry, DL160 Gen9 Performance, DL180 Gen10, DL180 Gen10 Base, DL180 Gen9, DL180 Gen9 Base, DL180 Gen9 Entry, DL180 Gen9 Storage, DL360 Gen10, DL360 Gen10 Base, DL360 Gen10 Entry, DL360 Gen10 High Performance, DL360 Gen10 Low, DL360 Gen10 Performance, DL360 Gen10 SMB, DL360 Gen10 Solution, DL360 Gen9, DL360 Gen9 Base, DL360 Gen9 CMS, DL360 Gen9 Entry, DL360 Gen9 Performance, DL360 Gen9 Special Server, DL380 Gen10, DL380 Gen10 Base, DL380 Gen10 Entry, DL380 Gen10 Entry SMB, DL380 Gen10 for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 High Performance, DL380 Gen10 Network Choice, DL380 Gen10 Performance, DL380 Gen10 SMB, DL380 Gen10 Solution, DL380 Gen9, DL380 Gen9 Base, DL380 Gen9 Entry, DL380 Gen9 High Performance, DL380 Gen9 Performance, DL385 Gen10, DL385 Gen10 Base, DL385 Gen10 Entry, DL385 Gen10 High-Performance, DL385 Gen10 Performance, DL385 Gen10 Solution, DL560 Gen10, DL560 Gen10 Base, DL560 Gen10 Entry, DL560 Gen10 Performance, DL560 Gen9, DL560 Gen9 Base, DL560 Gen9 Entry, DL560 Gen9 Performance, DL580 Gen10, DL580 Gen10 Base, DL580 Gen10 Entry, DL580 Gen10 Performance, DL580 Gen9, DL580 Gen9 Base, DL580 Gen9 Database, DL580 Gen9 High Performance, DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-out Base Configuration, DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-up Base Configuration, XL170r Gen10, XL190r Gen10, XL230a Gen9, XL230a Gen9 Compute Tray, XL230a Gen9 Compute Tray (12G), XL230a Gen9 Compute Tray (6G), XL230a Gen9 NHP Compute Tray (12G), XL250a Gen9, XL250a Gen9 Accelerator Tray, XL450 Gen10
- HPE SimpliVity 325 Gen10 Node, 380 Gen10 Node
- HPE StoreEasy 1850, 3850 Gateway Single Node
- Address the Increasing Demand for an Overlay Network
The HPE Ethernet 25Gb 2-port 640 FLR-SFP28 Adapter reduces the impact of overlay networking on host performance with tunnel offload support for VXLAN and NVGRE, increasing VM migration flexibility and network scale with minimal impact to performance.
Decouples virtual overlay network layer from the physical NIC performance.
- More Efficient and Faster Way to Send Data with RDMA Over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)
The HPE Ethernet 25Gb 2-port 640 FLR-SFP28 Adapter bypasses the TCP/IP stack and removes of a data copy step reducing overall latency to deliver accelerated performance for applications such as Microsoft Hyper-V Live Migration, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft SharePoint with SMB Direct.
RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) for greater server efficiency and lower latency.
- Lower Latency and Higher Throughput with Messaging Accelerator (VMA)
The HPE Ethernet25Gb 2-port 640 FLR-SFP28 Adapter reduces system latency for improved performance specifically for high-frequency trading operations while maintaining high message rates and hundreds of simultaneous connections.
Contains VMA, an included firmware with many benefits such as lower latency, higher throughput, improved CPU utilization and minimal buffer copies between user data and hardware.
No Reviews are available at this time