The ScanSnap iX500 provides PC and Mac users with an effective way to digitize their files, allowing users to reduce storage space and minimize security risks associated with unmanaged paperwork at home or in the office. Get organized by scanning your documents, receipts, business cards, and more into editable PDF files. Easily sort and find your files by searching for relevant keywords. Store these files directly to your desktop or cloud drive, where you can easily access and share them from anywhere. The ScanSnap iX500 also includes built in software to help you extract important information from your documents. ScanSnap Receipt software allows you to easily extract information and tally up totals from your receipts, and export data into Excel. ScanSnap CardMinder allows you to easily collect and manage business card contacts by extracting relevant contact information, and exporting data into external applications such as Outlook and Salesforce.
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 - Document scanner - Dual CIS - Duplex - 8.5 in x 34.0 in - 600 dpi x 600 dpi - up to 25 ppm (mono) / up to 25 ppm (color) - ADF (50 sheets) - USB 3.0, Wi-Fi(n) (Voltage: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz))
- Document scanner - desktop
- Scan to network share, scan to cloud, scan to smart devices
Max Supported Document Size:
Lamp / Light Source Type:
Max Document Scan Speed B/W:
Max Document Scan Speed Color:
Scanner Speed Details:
- 25 ppm - color - A4 - 150 dpi
- 25 ppm - greyscale - A4 - 150 dpi
- 25 ppm - black&white - A4 - 300 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - color - A4 - 150 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - greyscale - A4 - 150 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - black&white - A4 - 300 dpi
- 25 ppm - color better - A4 - 200 dpi
- 25 ppm - greyscale better - A4 - 200 dpi
- 25 ppm - black&white better - A4 - 400 dpi
- 25 ppm - color best - A4 - 300 dpi
- 25 ppm - greyscale best - A4 - 300 dpi
- 25 ppm - black&white best - A4 - 600 dpi
- 7 ppm - color excellent - A4 - 600 dpi
- 7 ppm - greyscale excellent - A4 - 600 dpi
- 7 ppm - black&white excellent - A4 - 1200 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - color better - A4 - 200 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - greyscale better - A4 - 200 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - black&white better - A4 - 400 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - color best - A4 - 300 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - greyscale best - A4 - 300 dpi
- 25 ppm - duplex - black&white best - A4 - 600 dpi
- 7 ppm - duplex - color excellent - A4 - 600 dpi
- 7 ppm - duplex - greyscale excellent - A4 - 600 dpi
- 7 ppm - duplex - black&white excellent - A4 - 1200 dpi
- Automatic Image Orientation, Ultrasonic multifeed sensor, automatic color detection, automatic page size detection, blank page skipping
Supported Document Type:
- Plain paper, plastic card, embossed card
Supported Document Size Details:
- ADF - up to 8.5 in x 14.17 in
- Long document - up to 8.5 in x 34.0 in
Power Consumption Operational (Standby):
Power Consumption Stand by:
Software / System Requirements
- ScanSnap Manager, CardMinder, Scan to Microsoft SharePoint, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap, ScanSnap Organizer, ScanSnap Receipt, Nuance Power PDF Standard
- Apple MacOS X 10.6, Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Apple MacOS X Lion 10.7, Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Windows 8.1 (32/64 bits), Apple OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Apple MacOS X 10.10, Windows 10 (32/64 bits), Apple MacOS X 10.11, Apple macOS 10.12
System Requirements Details:
- Windows 7/8.1/10 - Core i5 - 2.5 GHz - RAM 4 GB - HD 5 GB
- MacOS X 10.6 or later - Core i5 - 2.5 GHz - RAM 4 GB - HD 2.5 GB
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - 1 year
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- 20 - 80% (non-condensing)
- Easily transform paper with the touch of a button
Achieving organization with the ScanSnap iX500 starts with the touch of a single button and ends with a host of productivity features that keep you ahead of the stack.
- Wi-Fi or USB connectivity to a computer
Break free from USB and place ScanSnap just about anywhere in the room with Wi-Fi connectivity to a PC or Mac.
- Scan directly to mobile devices
Quickly bypass the computer altogether and scan a PDF or JPEG file directly to an iOS or Android mobile device or tablet.
- Fast double-sided scanning
Typically, higher quality means lower performance, but the iX500 maintains a speed of up to 25 pages per minute even at 300 dpi in color!
- Built-in "GI" microprocessor
A dual-core CPU-mounted "GI" processor performs the intelligent image enhancement responsible for great looking images with dramatically faster results and more sophisticated connectivity.
- Advanced paper feeding system
Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology of the professional-grade scanners, iX500 achieves exceptional feeding reliability using "Separation Roller" technology to minimize jams and multi-feeds.
- Advanced paper detection
ScanSnap iX500 is equipped with an ultrasonic sensor that can be turned on to help operators avoid losing images. What's more, an interactive interface allows users to easily bypass intentional double-feed such as a taped-receipt on an expense report.
- Accelerated searchable PDF creation
Making PDF files searchable at the point of scanning is a great way to keep them instantly accessible and now you can create a searchable PDF at nearly the same speed as a standard PDF.
- Compatible with PC or Mac
The ScanSnap iX500 works on both Mac and PC operating systems, making flexibility a breeze.
- ScanSnap Receipt
The ScanSnap Receipt software allows you to easily scan and extract information from your receipts, and even export the data for tax filing.
- ScanSnap Sync
With ScanSnap Sync built into ScanSnap Organizer software and the ScanSnap Connect app, captured documents are automatically synchronized with all your devices through Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.