The powerful TS-431XU features two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks at a budget value with maximized ROI. The TS-431XU provides versatile all-in-one functionalities and unique features, including VJBOD (virtual JBOD) - an economical way to utilize unused NAS storage space for expanding the storage capacity of other QNAP NAS - and container station - that allows users to rapidly develop and deploy Internet of Things (IoT) apps. The TS-431XU is a cost-effective storage solution, designed for growing businesses, looking for backup, restoration, private cloud, storage for virtualization, and to future-proof their IT infrastructure for 10GbE networks.
QNAP TS-431XU - NAS server - 4 bays - rack-mountable - SATA 6Gb/s - RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, 5 hot spare - RAM 2 GB - Gigabit Ethernet / 10 Gigabit Ethernet - iSCSI support - 1U (Voltage: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz))
- Gigabit Ethernet / 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Installed Devices / Modules Qty:
- 1 x Annapurna Labs Cortex-A15 1.7 GHz
- 2 GB (installed) / 16 GB (supported) - DDR3
- RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, JBOD, RAID 5 hot spare
Data Link Protocol:
- 10Mb LAN, 100Mb LAN, GigE, 10 GigE
Network / Transport Protocol:
- TCP/IP, PPTP, iSCSI, SMTP, FTP, DHCP, Bonjour, SMB, DDNS
Remote Management Protocol:
- SNMP 2, Telnet, SNMP 3, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, SSH
Network Services Compatibility:
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Apple Bonjour Protocol, File Level Security (ACLs), DHCP, DDNS, Microsoft CIFS, Network File System (NFS), FTP, FTPS, Server Message Block (SMB), Apple File Protocol (AFP), HTTP, HTTPS, Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)
- Hardware encryption, trunking, LDAP support, wake on LAN (WOL), Syslog support, manageable, E-mail alert, print server, IPv6 support, 256-bit encryption, proxy server, backup server, download client, file sharing, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, SSH support, iTunes server, Jumbo Frames support, DHCP server, FTP server, SMS alert, BitTorrent Client, bandwidth control, IPv4 support, surveillance station, teaming support, DLNA Media Server, Apple Time Machine compatible, NTP server, DHCP client, e-mail notification, cloud backup, VPN Server, SFTP client, SNMP support, Apple AirPlay, anti-virus protection
- 4 (total) / 4 (free) x hot-swap - 2.5" / 3.5"
- 2 (total) / 0 (free) x SO-DIMM 204-pin
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x2
- 2 x Ethernet 1000Base-T - RJ-45
- 4 x USB 3.0 - Type A
- 2 x Ethernet 10Gb - SFP+
- Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), audible alarm, built-in 2 cooling fans, hardware encryption, reset button
Software / System Requirements
Storage Operating System:
- UNIX, Linux, Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- Powerful CPU and built-in two 10GbE SFP+ ports
The TS-431XU is equipped with an excellent processor with advanced memory and SATA hard drive interface. Its hardware-accelerated encryption engine provides unmatched encryption performance in its class with AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance and security, while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data, stored in the TS-431XU. Besides two inbuilt Gigabit Ethernet ports, the TS-431XU also features two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks for businesses, that demand higher bandwidth for virtualization and fast backup and restoration for an ever-growing amount of data. The extra PCIe slot allows for the installation of a 10GbE SFP+ NIC for flexible high-speed network deployment.
- High-reliability design, ensuring business continuity
The business-ready TS-431XU is designed to provide 24/7 operations and services. The support for comprehensive RAID configurations and hot-swapping allow for replacing hard drives without service interruption. QNAP's advanced RAID recovery technology also helps, if any healthy drives are accidentally removed from a degraded RAID volume. The system can be recovered by reinserting the wrongly-removed hard drives, so the data can still be accessible. The TS-431XU delivers high reliability and efficiency with support for multiple port-trunking modes, including failover support. The TS-431XU also features a hot-swappable redundant power supply to ensure maximum system uptime.
- VJBOD - use NAS to expand other NAS capacity for maximizing sharing economy
Besides using expansion enclosures, there is an additional possibility to expand NAS storage capacity. QNAP VJBOD (virtual JBOD) is network-based JBOD, allowing you to expand the storage of a QNAP NAS with multiple QNAP NAS units. The TS-431XU offers great potential for economically expanding the storage of other QNAP NAS with VJBOD, and to create virtual storage pools and volumes on virtual disks for operating NAS services.
QNAP QXG-2G2T-I225 - Network adapter - PCIe 2.0 x2 low profile - 2.5GBase-T x 2 - for QNAP QGD-1600, TS-1232, 1253, 251, 253, 432, 453, 653, 832, 853, h1283, h977, TVS-672, 872