Barco's MDSC-8231 is a 31-inch, near-patient, high-brightness surgical display that is purpose-built for 4K imaging in the digital operating room and interventional radiology control room. It offers an easy-to-clean design, light and smart mechanics, and the most life-like images today.
Barco MDSC-8231 12G - LED monitor - color - 31.1" - stationary - 4096 x 2160 4K DCI (2160p) @ 60 Hz - IPS-Pro - 550 cd/m² - 1400:1 - 20 ms - 4xDisplayPort, 2xHDMI, DVI-D, 12G-SDI
- LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix - color
- 4K DCI (2160p) 4096 x 2160 at 60 Hz
- 1.074 billion colors (10-bit)
Horizontal Viewing Angle:
- 9300K, 6500K, 7600K, 5600K
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Picture in picture, DICOM calibrated, Backlight Sensor, Multi-Stream transport (MST)
- 30.6 in x 3.7 in x 18.6 in
- 2 x 12G-SDI output
- 4 x DisplayPort
- DVI-D output
- Micro-USB (Type B)
- USB 2.0 (Type A)
- 2 x HDMI
- Anti-scratch, splash-resistant, surgical display
- DEMKO, IEC 60601-1-2, FCC CFR47 Part 15, KCC, WEEE, EN 55011, cULus, REACH, CISPR 11, IP20, RoHS2, FCC CFR47 Part 18 B, ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1 (2005/(R)2012 + C1:2009/(R)2012 + A2:2010/(R)2012, IP45
Power Consumption (Typical):
Power Consumption (Off Mode):
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - 3 years
Min Operating Temperature:
Max Operating Temperature:
Humidity Range Operating:
- Flawless 4K imaging
The perfect match for 4K endoscopy camera systems, the MDSC-8231 presents endoscopic images with a higher resolution. This provides surgeons with more detail-rich, color-correct images for a real-life presentation of the patient's anatomy and excellent depth perception. Images are presented with unrivaled color accuracy (thanks to the wide color gamut and advanced color calibration), without artifacts, and with near-zero latency for optimal hand-eye coordination. The 31.1-inch display size makes the MDSC-8231 ideal for use in the interventional radiology control room as well.
- Multi-source, multi-display imaging
With its broad input connectivity and wide set of image control features, the MDSC-8231 offers flexible multi-modality imaging in integrated operating rooms.
- Safety, stability and redundancy
Thanks to its high-bright LED backlight with light output stabilization, the display ensures a long lifetime and image consistency. The unique, automated failover feature delivers a backup signal at all times to ensure safe surgery.
- Ease of installation
The MDSC-8231 comes with a smart cable management system, that hides the cables for a clutter-free set-up. Its lightweight design allows easy mounting on surgical booms and spring arms.
- Ease of use
Barco's MDSC-8231 allows for easy cleaning and disinfection thanks to its smooth surface and splashproof housing (front protection level IP45). It comes with a highly durable, scratch-resistant front glass, featuring excellent optical performance. The fanless design prevents the spread of contaminants.